Thursday, May 2, 2019

Thru Other Peoples Eyes

What you look like to other people. I got to thinking about this the other day. Something I wouldn't usually spend too much time on, but the situation caught me off guard. I was at the library, where I write, publish, post, and take advantage of their WiFi. I had just finished a very difficult bicycle work-out, and was feeling really good about it.

 I shaved, got cleaned up was looking good, and feeling good. Driving to the library with my bike on top of my Jeep Suv, made feel sporty. Carrying in my computer and notebooks made me feel smarter. After setting myself up, I found I needed a dictionary. So I asked the Librarian where I could find one. She leads me to the back of the library to a shelf filled with dictionaries.

She pauses. "Well let's see you'll be needing this one."
As she handed me this huge volume, the largest book on the shelf. I was thinking to myself that my reputation as a wordsmith must have proceeded me to think I would need such a book.

"A lot more words in this one." I say.
" No a lot bigger words."
I say "A lot longer words."
Giving me a look."Same words just bigger, it's the large print addition."
   "Oh, Thank you."

One look at me told her I needed the large print addition. The way she was seeing me and the way I was seeing me, was completely different. What I had to remember I was looking at me through eyes that really did need the large print addition."Oh,Well."

" Take everything you like seriously, except yourself." Rudyard  Kipling

This is Papa Randy and I'am

Koolerbythelake.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment