Monday, May 6, 2019

King of the mountain

How would you like to have millions of acres of unspoiled wilderness, as far as the eye can see. Since your dreaming how about one better, no payments, rent or leases that lock you in. While your at it how about no land tax or upkeep or maintenance.

Just enjoy it all to yourself, this can be done, I do it so can you. My vacation rental cabin is on the edge of Beaver's Bend State Park in Hochatown Oklahoma. I'am about 200 ft. outside the Kiamichi National Forest. I have the whole state park to myself.

How do I do this, I just go there on the weekdays. What do I get Broken Bow Lake not just the shoreline, but the whole lake, the Mtn. Fork River all 12 mi. of it that runs through the state park, and access to the one of a kind fly fishing that goes with it. Not to mention hiking trails and campsites.

It's better than owning it because you can relax and enjoy it. Robert Frost understood this when he wrote this.

                         
   " Whose woods these are I think I know.
      His house is in the village though;
     He will not see me stopping here
     To watch his woods fill up with snow."  
                            Robert Frost

What was he doing there, he was just stopping and watching.( I wrote about this in another article FOREST BATHING- age old solution to a modern problem).

Now to the man who says he's to busy to pause and watch the greatest show on earth. Robert Frost writes further.

    " The woods are  lovely dark and deep
       But I have promises to keep,
       And miles to go before I sleep,
       And miles to go before I sleep,"
                     Robert  Frost

Repeating the last line twice just seems to make it sadder but, I guess that's the point. What sleep is he talking about, the one we take every night, or the one we take once in a life. Make a promise today to make an appointment with the woods before you sleep.

This is Papa Randy and I'am

Koolerbythelake.blogspot.com






              


No comments:

Post a Comment